This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.
YES THIS^^^^^^^^ THANK YOU
repeat after me:
there are white people suffering in the world
but the white people who are suffering are not suffering because they are white
Football Player Flaunts Sexual Orientation On Live Television (x)
AJ McCarron didn’t seem to care that television cameras were on him when he decided to flaunt his heterosexual relationship with Katherine Webb.
“All of a sudden they were making out,” said ESPN viewer Roger Jellyton. “I couldn’t believe my eyes, and my children were in the room. How was I supposed to explain what they were seeing? What, that it’s OK for two people who love each other to kiss in a moment of joy and celebration? Ugh. What is this nation coming to? Enough is enough.”
- 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
- In 70-80% of intimate partner homicides, no matter which partner was killed, the man physically abused the woman before the murder.
- Approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States.
- Intimate partners committed 3% of the nonfatal violence against men.
- Intimate partner violence made up 20% of all nonfatal violent crime experienced by women in 2001.
- Of females killed with a firearm, almost two-thirds were killed by their intimate partners.
- The number of females shot and killed by their husband or intimate partner was more than three times higher than the total number murdered by male strangers using all weapons combined in single victim/single offender incidents in 2002.
- Of the almost 3.5 million violent crimes committed against family members, 49% of these were crimes against spouses.
- 84% of spouse abuse victims were females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abuse at were female.
- Males were 83% of spouse murderers and 75% of dating partner murderers.
- 50% of offenders in state prison for spousal abuse had killed their victims. Wives were more likely than husbands to be killed by their spouses: wives were about half of all spouses in the population in 2002, but 81% of all persons killed by their spouse.this is important to know and helping male victims of domestic abuse does not necessitate lying about how often it happens, or assuming that raising awareness about violence against women is *ignoring* violence against men. public health and social analysis is more nuanced than ‘Sally has more cookies than Billy’
"I’m a pathologist, which means that I run the lab, and I’m continually shocked by all the unnecessary lab work that comes my way. Doctors have to find something wrong with you, because preventative measures aren’t sexy. They know that you’re more likely to appreciate them if they tell you something’s wrong, than if they tell you to stop drinking 40 oz sodas."
White people always wanna preach about “sharing cultures” but last time i checked, they spent half their existence sailing around the world murdering people for being different and brainwashing people to stop practicing their owns cultures while forcing assimilation to white culture.
Now you want everyone to happily “share” with you. LOL fuck outta here.
Police continue to make arrests at Ferguson protest.
Take note: The moment people stopped reblogging and tweeting and writing news articles and calling attention to Ferguson, they brought back the armored cars. It is not over. They were waiting for the world to lose interest and knew it would.
This particular set doesn’t make the rounds on Tumblr much, probably because it’s a bit darker in tone - I think it drives the point home a lot better.
racism in 2014
what does the thrd one mean
It means white people have to be included in everything and its annoying
Wilson’s claim is that he feared for his life.
Did he fear for his life when he told Dorian Johnson and Mike Brown to “get the fuck on the sidewalk”?
Did he fear for his life when he reversed his car to confront them again?
Did he fear for his life when he allegedly grabbed Mike Brown by the neck?
Did he fear for his life when unarmed Mike Brown was running away?
Did he fear for his life when unarmed Mike Brown was 100 ft. away from his car, surrendering with his hands up?
The whole “Mike Brown reached into the car to fight Darren Wilson/tried to take his gun (which would have had to been out already for Mike to try and take it), failed, ran away, changed his mind, turned around and charged at Wilson after already being shot about 4 times” story doesn’t make any sense.
Remember, Darren Wilson shot and killed Mike Brown only about 2 1/2 minutes after initially approaching him. If Mike Brown did attack Darren Wilson, why didn’t Wilson write an incident report? Why didn’t he share his side of the story 70 days ago? Why would the PD go out of their way to lie about the distance Mike Brown ran from the car? Why isn’t Mike Brown alive today so he can tell his side of the story? Darren Wilson made sure Mike Brown would never get to tell his side of the story.